cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

System Requirements for Creo 3 with Windchill

Radarflash
1-Newbie

System Requirements for Creo 3 with Windchill

Hello Everyone,

I am working on optimizing machine configurations for a Creo 3 environment on windows.  I have my standard specs that I have been working off of, but wanted to see what the community is recommending.  I have three configurations:

• Standard Creo with Assembly, ISDX and Surfacing on a mobile workstation.
  • Standard Creo with Assembly, ISDX and Surfacing on a standard tower; and
  • a Standard Creo with Simulate and Fatigue.

What do you recommend?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

My recomendation:

(Win 7, Processor i7, 256GB SSD HardDrive, 16BG of RAM, AMD FirePro M6100 - 2GB)

(Win 7, Intel® Xeon® processor E3, 256GB SSD HardDrive (System Drive), 16 GB of RAM, AMD FirePro 5100)

• Standard Creo with Simulate and Fatigue (Dell Precision 1700 with 32GB of RAM - I do not test it but for Simulate is 32GB of RAM quiet )

Here you can see the result of Benchmark for Creo Parametric:

ocusb6.png

total.png

graph.png

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

I have a nearly identical M6800 but with an NVIDIA Quadro K3100M video card.  I don't have benchmark scores, but in day to day use with Creo & SW it rocks.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thank you Vladimir and Doug.

I have been seeing several standard configurations going to 32GB, and these configurations and benchmarks validate the approach I have been taking.

Thanks again!

Good job - have a nice time,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags