cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Solving inequalities symbolically

ltrowbridge
1-Newbie

Solving inequalities symbolically

I am trying to solve a symbolic inequality with multiple variables.  I can't seem to get a solution in general when I have explicit constants in the constraint that contain decimal points.  How do I go about solving such problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Luke Trowbridge wrote:

I am trying to solve a symbolic inequality with multiple variables.  I can't seem to get a solution in general when I have explicit constants in the constraint that contain decimal points.  How do I go about solving such problems?

Is there a particular reason why you have to include the explicit constraints in the inequality?

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Luke Trowbridge wrote:

Is there a particular reason why you have to include the explicit constraints in the inequality?

Stuart

Thanks Stuart.  I re-arranged my problem to be purely symbolic, but it now requires a lot of calculation time.  I've attached my problem in context.  Is approach #2 in the attached Mathcad sheet correct?

Top Tags