cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to force comments during "Check In" to PTC Windchill (Essentials)?

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

How to force comments during "Check In" to PTC Windchill (Essentials)?

Hi there,

how can I force my engineers to use the comment field during check in process in Windchill?

Is there a way like (if comments.length() =0 then error)? My first thought was to use modelcheck, but I guess this works only on the Creo side.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst
(To:Mat)

By inspecting page through chrome developer tools, it looks like the js getting called when you click on finish in check-in page is /templates/uwgm/cadx/checkin/checkintables.js. You can add a condition in this js, under the function CheckinOkClicked to throw out an alert if the length of  IterationComment element is less than 0.

This should work for workspace checkin operation, but might not work for  Creo - Auto Checkin.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

Out of the Box, there are no configurations which could do this. Please see this Re: Can I force check-in comments? for an alternate option using JS.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:BineshKumar1)

the solution there (class="required") does not seem to work for PDM Essentials 10.2

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst

By inspecting page through chrome developer tools, it looks like the js getting called when you click on finish in check-in page is /templates/uwgm/cadx/checkin/checkintables.js. You can add a condition in this js, under the function CheckinOkClicked to throw out an alert if the length of  IterationComment element is less than 0.

This should work for workspace checkin operation, but might not work for  Creo - Auto Checkin.

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:BineshKumar1)

Thanks Binesh!

This solved it (except the auto-checkin issue).

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Modifiing the checkintables.js solved this request.

look for CheckinOkClicked() in "<Windchill>\codebase\templates\uwgm\cadx\checkin\checkintables.js" (typically line 1208).

Change function to:

function CheckinOkClicked()

{

var comment_value =  getControlValue("IterationComment", null); // get content of comment field

applyOptions();

// Moved showMainDivPage (false) to CheckinDocs to execute it only in case of valid documents

// to process for Checkin action, otherwise addMessage will be shown in checkin page.

// - ALS for SPR:1489503

if (isWildfire) {

if (performOk() && comment_value.length !=0) { // only proceed, if comment field is not empty (You could also change that to get a minimum length)

closeFolderWindow();

var mCompBox = document.getElementById("ComparisonReport");

if( mCompBox != null && mCompBox.checked == true ) {

showMainDivPage(false);

var form = document.forms['getDependents_Form'];

var selObjs = form['sel_exist_objs'];

var cfgOpt  = form['cfgopt'];

var cfgVal  = form['cfgval'];

var sbNum  =  form['state_or_baselinenumber'];

var isCheckInPage  =  form['isCheckInPage'];

var seed_Obj_Oids = getFinalSelected();

selObjs.value = seed_Obj_Oids;

cfgOpt.value = "";

cfgVal.value = "";

sbNum.value = "";

isCheckInPage.value = "true";

form.action = diff_report_url;

form.submit();

}

else {

CheckinDocs();

}

}

else{

// comments are empty

if(comment_value.length == 0) alert("Please insert comment."); // if empty comment field was the problem, throw an alert

}

}

else {

if (performScrollOk()) {

closeFolderWindow();

var ref_url = "cancelClicked";

submitJSTableTask( PTC.Cadx.Checkin.CHECKINTABLEID , itemToBeSubmitted, "CHECKINTASK", ref_url ,addOptionsToForm, "MultiCheckinTaskSubmitHelper");

}

}

}

Works with Creo 3.0 & Windchill Essentials 10.2 M020.

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Perfect work.

I would like to add comment that this modification works only in Creo application.

If you use the check-in from workspace in standalone browser the clause if(isWildfire) jumps over the check lenght of comment.

So I would prefere to put the code with isWildfire in to the clause if (comment_value.length !=0)

Also this wotks only in workspace.

Have nice day

PetrH.

The example:

Top Tags