cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

What effect has a roughing allowance?

jlangenberg
1-Newbie

What effect has a roughing allowance?

Hello,

i noticed no differences between a volume rough with a roughing allowance from maybe 2mm and without. The output file is the same, when I use uncx01.p20 postprocessor.

When I use Prof_stock_allow i see the difference clearly. Shouldn´t it be the same effect?

And is there any correction for the diameter of the tool?

In my case i have a simple square with a length of 20mm. With every rough_stock_allow there is the same way of 20mm, with a 3mm tool...

Und nochmal auf Deutsch, wahrscheinlich kann ich mich da besser ausdrücken...

also ich versuche ein Quadrat zu fräsen mit der Option Volumenschruppen. Egal welches Schruppaufmaß ich eintrage, der NC-Code ist immer gleich und gibt eben einen Weg von 20mm aus, obwohl er ja noch den Fräserdurchmesser beachten müsste und dementsprechend ein 23mm großes Quadrat ausgeben müsste im NC-Code...

1 REPLY 1

It depends on the cut type used (parameter ROUGH_OPTION): If the value is PROF_ONLY, then only PROF_STOCK_ALLOW matters.

If you run roughing and profiling and ROUGH_STOCK_ALLOW is larger than PROF_STOCK_ALLOW, you should see material removed by slices with ROUGH_STOCK_ALLOW and then a profile cut with PROF_STOCK_ALLOW.

Correction for the tool diameter is just switched on and off by the parameter CUTCOM.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags