cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Large Assembly, Top Down Design

zyazel
1-Newbie

Large Assembly, Top Down Design

Hello all:

I am looking for some large PTC clients out there, that would be willing to discuss with me

by phone, some of their general techniques that they use for large assembly, and top

down design. I know all of the tools, and what they do, I want to know how YOU use

it on your team.

Aerospace would be good, defense etc, but any multi-team, top down controlled design would be good.

Looking for techniques for your skeletons, Copy Geom, controlled design process etc.This will all be

non proprietary, general information. You can also post here, but the answers are so broad, we

are after more of a lateral talk to other large company's. I am new here on the blog, so if I am not supposed

to post this type of request, I apologize!  We are looking to improve some things internally, and

I go to the people, and knowledge. What works? what doesn't?

Thanks!

(Creo 2.0 at the moment, large defense company in CA)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
cdown
4-Participant
(To:zyazel)

Did you get any feedback from this post?

I currently use top down design but it would be good to speak with others to see if there is a common approach

cying
10-Marble
(To:cdown)

I would like to hear what others are doing as well with reference to Top-Down design.  Sadly we are still in WF5 (AKA Creo/Element), thanks to our Windchill 9.1.

We have a supplier looking to do all the designs for us using top-down design.  I know the concept is great for design intent and ease of changes.  However, we are using Windchill and pretty complicated Change Manage process I think.  My concern is how are people managing the top-down design within Windchill after it has been released?  Do people typically break the relationship so that they can be managed independently? what about re-use?  We use "show" vs "create" dimensions, how will this affect how we create our drawings?

Any feedback is welcome

Top Tags