cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Opening Multiple Drawings with Creo View

canderson
6-Contributor

Opening Multiple Drawings with Creo View

I find it very difficult to get the user base of many companies to take full advantage of using Creo View as the primary viewing tool.  Four different businesses used Autoview as their standard viewing tool.  They use listeners to export all viewables to a network drive and they have the convienience of quick searh and viewing of many drawings at once.  I love the overall potential of Creo View.  Adding multiple drawings to Creo View is extreamlly painful and cumbersom.  I don't like the level of progression that Creo View has produced over the last 10 years.   I don't think we are headed in the right direction.

I introduced Product View and Graphic server many years ago at a previous business.  The technology was amazing, but it seems that we have not kept up with the competition.  After performing a search I should have the ability of selecting many objects and opening directly into Creo View from the search table.  I should be able to find multiple drawings and add these to the Creo View from the Search view.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I'm in agreement that creo view is a step backwards when compared to product view.  

Instead of becoming the 'goto' viewer in our large company with multiple users and viewing options, less and less people are using creo view because quite frankly it does not deliver to their needs and they get better results when using other viewers.  It's quite sad really.  We have this million dollar investment into everything PTC, yet the 'viewer' accompanying this package doesn't hold it's weight and you are left with unsatisfied user experience.

Top Tags