cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Export customized BOM list

tleati
10-Marble

Export customized BOM list

Hello,

I usually have to export a list of the totals of commercial parts (like screws, nuts, washers etc etc, common parts outsourced from suppliers) included in assemblies, in order to give it to the purchase office.

In Creo (prametric and windchill), we codify them as Cxxxxx (C stands for "commercial") where xxxxx is an internal code.

I would like, one I have finished an assembly, to export a Bill Of Materials containing ONLY them, without necessity to export the complete BOM, then erase rows etc etc...so I am searching for a function, if present, that would allow me to do this. In addition, it would be hugely useful to have, in this list, in addition to the file name and its total quantity in the master assembly (present by default in Creo BOM list), also the name assigned to the parts (e.g., if C00002 is a hex head screw M10x30, the part file name is C00002 and the part name is "hex head screw M10x30").

Anyone knows how to do it or has some suggestions?

thanks

bye bye

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tomasso,

use the following filter

&asm.mbr.name  == c*

&asm.mbr.name  != c*_*

See attchached data.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Tomasso,

Bill Of Materials command available in Assembly mode does not enable to apply filter. Filtering functionality is available in Drawing mode, where you can create table containing repeat region and save its contents in csv format.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply. Do you know how to do the table? We have tables of components for balloons but only at the first level (parts and subassemblies contained in the master assembly), and I really do not understand how to edit repeat regions in order to show what you are meaning, let alone with filters too.

thanks

bye

Tomasso,

see uploaded exmple drawing dd.drw.

It contains repeat regions with following attributes.

rr_attributes.png

One repeat region is filtered using expression ... &asm.mbr.name  == c*

rr_filter.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks a lot Martin!! you really saved me hours.

Just another thing, concerning the code rule. I would also need to exclude sub-components of the commercial codes, which are stored with the underscore + number of subcomponent: for example the bearing C00003 is an assembly and has five parts inside (C00003_1, C00003_2, etc etc, which are the outside and inside ring, the balls, the cage etc etc ....), parts that I would not like to see in the list (as the bearing is purchased as C00003.asm obviously).

I know that in Windchill there are wildcard characters for the searchbar which can exclude characters (page 49 of the pdf):

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEAQFjAEahUKEwji1K3BwIjIAhXKtBoKHeIXDwM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmoova.tistory.com%2Fattachment%2Fcfile10.uf%40195FF8174B1F8ADD69C874.pdf&usg=AFQjCNF_aVNlFVqaIk6XaL_2I5iTaMfYfA&sig2=5GkZt04LiAOGxEp3j5-esg&bvm=bv.103073922,d....

do these character work in the rule code too? because (in order to eclude the "Cxxxxx_") I tried &asm.mbr.name  == c?????[^_]* but with no success.

(or they may be different characters in rule codes language?)

thanks

bye

Tomasso,

use the following filter

&asm.mbr.name  == c*

&asm.mbr.name  != c*_*

See attchached data.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

thanks again for all you support, now it's perfect!! just have to fix title and print !!

bye bye

Tommaso

Hi Martin,

I have to re-open the post just for an addition to the original question. If I have a component which is not named Cxxxx (thus based on this, it would be not eligible for being included in the commercial BOM list), but this component is an instance of a family table whose generic is named Cxxxx: how can I include its generic in the list?

More specifically, we have a hook which must be purchased outside (as a commercial item, C12345, the generic of the FT) but whose stem has to be machined in a given way (thus obtaining the FT instance which has a not-commercial code, but let's say 150xxx) --> how can I include only the C12345 in the assembly BOM list ?

thanks

bye

Tommaso

Tomasso,

look into new "data package".

• I created c98765.prt with family table instance ABCD and added the instance into aa.asm
  • I recreated tables in dd.drw
  • 1-st column contain &asm.mbr.top_generic.name
  • in filtered table I added the following filter

&asm.mbr.top_generic.name == c*

&asm.mbr.top_generic.name != c*_*

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply. Is it possible to make the first column appear just with the cells for the FT instances? that is in this was:

1.PNG

or, as an alternative, keep the table as it was before (two columns in your example) but with the line of the instance reporting its name ABCD<C98765>?

1.PNG

Bye

Tommaso

Tomasso,

I am sorry I very busy now and have no time for testing .

I guess your second variant can be implemented via repeat region relations. Please explore this area by yourself.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

no problem, I will take a look then.

Will let you know if I find how to.

Bye bye

Tommaso

Hi Martin,

just to tell you that I temporarily solved the problem by inserting as report parameter the &asm.mbr.top_generic.name for all the items, so that those without FT are the same as &asm.mbr.name, while for FT instances it goes with the name of the generic.

Bye bye

Tommaso

Tomasso,

You mentioned in your post that you also have Windchill.  You should be able to create a new table view for your assembly structure there and then export the results (if you have 10 or later, you can directly import the view into Excel).  I often find that the way filtering is presented in Windchill is easier to work with.  An added benefit of performing the work in WC is that the filter could then be made visible to other users for use in any assembly.

Hi Larry,

yes we have Windchill too and in fact I had posted a discussion in the Windchill session too. Indeed yes it should be easier there, but the problem is that, for the moment, in WC I cannot manage to extract a list containing only Cxxxx components (without the "_" at the end), I do not know how to do it and the wildcards characters seem to work only in the search function unfortunately.

Bye bye

Top Tags