cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Simulate Lite

DeanLong
10-Marble

Simulate Lite

I am going to post this question here as well as in the Modeling forum.

Has anyone heard of any bugs in Simulate Lite that would give wildly incorrect results? I have part that I have specified Polycarbonate (PC-10) as its material and when I run an analysis I get some crazy high stresses like 4.2 x 10 to the 8th PSI at the base of a beam. The kicker is I have actual parts in my hand that I can flex and function fine. The numbers don't make sense to me out of Simulate Lite. I have looked at my material properties a few time in an attempt to eliminate an error. I am on Creo2 M080.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Care to share some screenshots, or even the model?

Not heard of any bugs; its essentially the same solver as the "big" Simulate. The mesh can be poor, and you have limited possibility to play around with mesh, contstraints, links, different element types etc. So, depending on problem, it can sometimes be difficult to create a realistic model. Is it possible that you have a singularity in your model? Is your high stress area near a constraint? A bit more info would help...

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the responses. However, after a good night's sleep (which is not happening all that often lately) I realized that I was suffering from sleep depravation, caffeine overload and large CAD monitor scale mind bending. In other words, the beam that looked a mile long on the screen was in reality only .120" long to the root. Also the parts I have in hand are of a different material than what I was analyzing. Again...sleeplessness and caffeine.

I have wasted your time and you have my apologies.

Dean

No worries Dean...

Top Tags