cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Problem possibly related to Desktop Integration

avardanega
1-Newbie

Problem possibly related to Desktop Integration

All,

Despite many recommendations against it I decided to give it a try on the Windchill Desktop Integration (I'm running Windchill 10.1 M040, Office 2007 and IE 10). The installation went smoothly and I did follow the instructions from previous posts regarding preferences. The integration is working fine so far, but after the installation I noticed a curious "side effect": after using the DTI to open and edit a document from Windchill, my browser seems to go crazy as far as pop-up dialog boxes... For example: typically if you want to create a CN from an existing object, a separate window will pop up for you to fill out and submit the CN. After using DTI, a new window does pop up but it's empty, and the actual CN shows up as a new tab instead. This will happen for any command that would normally generate a new window, and the problem only goes away if I reboot my machine. I tried to clear the browser cache and temporary files but the issue didn't go away without rebooting it. If I don't use the DTI this behavior doesn't happen.

Has anybody seen this behavior? Any clues on how to get rid of it?

Alex.

8 REPLIES 8

Hello Alex,

I remember facing this issue once, What we followed then,  was the workarounds mentioned in  CS38924

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:avardanega)

Hi Alex,

Did any of the workarounds in the article that Binesh referenced clear up the issue for you? If so, could you please mark his answer as correct for the benefit of the community?

Thanks!

Lori

Hi Lori,

Sorry for the late reply. I did look into Binesh's recommendation but the first workaround mentioned didn't work for me. The second one would have to be done at the administrator level, so I haven't tried that yet. The third one I cannot do as my company limits the browser to only IE10. That being said, CS38924 seems to be applicable to 10.0 M040 F000 and IE8/9... According to this document this problem was fixed in 10.0 M050. I'm running 10.1 M040, so shouldn't this have already been fixed for me?

That's why I haven't reached out to my support team yet, I was hoping to get somebody else's opinion on this first.

Alex

Alex,

What steps did you take to resolve this

after installing DTI.

This SPR applies to all of 10.1,

may require a patch.

The patch would probably just update the file mentioned.

Also, is this happening in the embedded browser or standalone IE?

Installing DTI on a system previously used with WC or

CAD historically always requires flushing settings on PC. If you can install DTI on another machine you have not used becore and reproduce, that would help narrow down the problem.

Clearly the policy of compatibility view and cached settings is an issue. I would inquire with internal support to search file aforementioned...windchill-all.js to see if the additional code referenced exists.

It seems that this is an issue to be addressed at the admin level and not at the user preference level, so I'll hand this over to my support team referencing the information gathered in this thread. Thanks for the tips.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:avardanega)

Chrome doesn't run java anymore.  Shouldn't that be removed as an option in that document?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

They changed it to Firefox.  Great response time on PTC's part for that by the way.

I only installed  so i could use MediaBrowser with WMC7 for my movies. Every one of my movies has the horizontal green lines on the borders. It is really annoying and hard to look past. I also noticed that it does have something to do with DirectX. Let me know if you figure out the issue. it will decide to thrash your disk and/or CPU and crash. For me, runaway CPU usage and crashing made this completely useless. It might be 99% of the way to being brilliant, but until these things are sorted out, it is a 100% waste of time.

Top Tags