cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Manufacturing parameters in model tree

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Manufacturing parameters in model tree

Hello all !

I added parameters to the model tree for my manufacturing models. I managed to add cutter compensation, spindle speed, and feed rate. I wanted to add plunge and ramp feed rate, but I didn't find them. Are those two last parameters available to display in model tree ? Or my eyes are not awake this morning ?

The thing I found nice about adding parameters to model tree is that we can edit them without editing the sequence itself.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:RaphMORIN)

you can do a search for the parameters when you are in the machine parameter area by typing the name of the parameter then select it and move it into your displayed

parameters and then you can move them where you want in the list with the up and down arrows as well as set the column width.

ramp_feed.jpg

plunge and ramp feed 1.jpg

this is what my model tree looks like after setting the columns and saving the tree.config file.

plunge and ramp feed.png

hope this helps you find them.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

you can do a search for the parameters when you are in the machine parameter area by typing the name of the parameter then select it and move it into your displayed

parameters and then you can move them where you want in the list with the up and down arrows as well as set the column width.

ramp_feed.jpg

plunge and ramp feed 1.jpg

this is what my model tree looks like after setting the columns and saving the tree.config file.

plunge and ramp feed.png

hope this helps you find them.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:SteveLucas)

Thanks Steve for the help, I found everything I needed.

Another question, do you know if it's possible to customize the names of the columns ? Because as you can see below, in french, every parameter begins with the word "VITESSE". There's "VITESSE DE BROCHE", "VITESSE DE PLONGEE", "VITESSE DE RAMPE", and to see the entire title of the column I should set the width to about 20.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

One more question.

Is it possible to have a specific model tree configuration loaded for my manufacturing files and another one for my part files ?

I mean that the default model tree is loaded according to the config.pro option mdl_tree_cfg_file, but this allows only to have the same model tree everywhere !! And I don't need the same kind of information in a part file or a manufacturing file.

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Raphael,

I am not sure if the names of the columns in model tree are editable. That is beyond my knowledge of the model tree. I do know that you can have several model tree configurations that you can load as needed. I have a directory on my hard drive where I store everything for Creo called Pro_start. In that directory I have all my configuration files and manufacturing templates, and tool library so I don't have to search for them. I have done this since I started working with Pro E way back in 1998.

Steve

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Steve,

I also have a directory where I have all my configuration files. But I would to avoid having to load a specific config tree file depending on the file I'm opening. I would like it to be automatic.

If I open a manufacturing file => my specific tree file for manufacturing is loaded

If I open a part/asm file => my specific file for parts/assemblies is loaded.

Do you think this is possible ?

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Raphael,

what comes to mind as far as loading specific model tree configurations would be if you could include model tree configurations in your start parts so they loaded with a new part. I have never tried doing it this way but I think that would do it.  Maybe with model check you could set older files with the correct model tree.  Again this is beyond my experience with Creo. Maybe some one else could jump in here and help with this and we both can learn something.

Steve

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

In fact I tried to modify the config tree in my start part  then I saved the file. When I load it after, the default config tree configured in the config.pro is loaded.

Top Tags