cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

CreoView Memory Usage

CraigSenovich
2-Guest

CreoView Memory Usage

We have suddenly encountered a problem company wide where when doing certain actions in CreoView, like selecting File/Options causes CreoView to utilize all CPU Physical Memory and causes the CPU to become unresponsive for several minutes.   This just started happening where it was fine before.  Any suggestions?

CreoView 3.0

7 REPLIES 7

I would eliminate the settings files as a possible issue...there are three of them that can get loaded.(server, install dir, user directory)  If you have Cache enabled...you may want to clear it.

Capture.JPG

Still no resolution on this, clearing Cache did not have any affect. deleting settings files also had no affect. 

I'd say it is time to write a case...I'm pretty sure they will be asking for you to turn on logging and then you can send them the informaiton.  Logging is fairly easy in Creo view with a couple additions to the environment variables. 

When issues happens like this,easiest way is to uninstall creo view ,restart the system & reinstall back freshly. This would resolve the issue.......

Finally discovered the issue.

The xml file for server preferences in the Visualization Configuration Administration at the site level was very large.  Removing unnecessary properties and reducing the file size fixed the issue.    Users must also clear the browser and creoview cache.

check out SPR 4591120 which talks about preference file size.  You may also want to watch out for the size of the user_prefs file.  I'd be interested to know what type of information was being stored in the server side preference file that caused the file size increase.  What we found in the user preference file was the branch link information...which I believe yields better performance for finding the location of the metadata on the server.

For documentation purposes...we started seeing this issue and we don't have a server or admin preference file.  We were seeing memory usage spikes when loading an annotation saved in Windchill.  Our solution/workaround was to unload the branch links not being utilized by the annotation set as shown in picture below.  (Don't quite know how these were getting saved, but was told the SPR above should repair this also.)

Note: If loading multiple annotation sets, then it is possible to see branch links loaded from the other annotation in the model tree.  You shouldn't see branch links loaded as shown below when opening one annotation into session.  An icon should reside in every box for this case.

Capture.JPG

Top Tags