cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Question regarding READPRN

eakgn
1-Newbie

Question regarding READPRN

I am able to successfully import data via a text file (.txt) by using this READPRN command. However when the .txt file changes (i.e. data change), the import matrix in MathCAD is not automatically updated. I need to close the program down and re-open to have the updated numbers.

The question here is, whether if there is a nicer way to do this? Another command maybe?

I know I can always do right click “disable evaluation” and “enable evaluation”, but the problem is I open/use this Mathcad sheet through an easy batch code for an another program, so mouse commands are not an option for me.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:eakgn)

Select the READPRN statement and hit F9.

eakgn
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

Thank you for the reply. I didn't know about F9 and in future it will help me for sure.

But it is unfortunetly not helpful for the above stated problem. I am trying to automize a process and I want MathCAD to do this refresh job (F9) either automatically or by an another command.

So far I am able to accomplish this by using following batch codes:

start "C:...\main.xmcd"

taskkill mathcad.exe

But closing & opening mathcad every time in order to refresh some data is brutal and I am looking for a nicer solution.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:eakgn)

Mathcad is not the right piece of software to automate a process. There's no way to make it continuously poll an input and update when the input changes. It's simply not designed to do that.

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

Top Tags