cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Adobe LifeCycle ES4 SP1 Office Document failed to convert to PDF

tchao
4-Participant

Adobe LifeCycle ES4 SP1 Office Document failed to convert to PDF

I have started to install the Adobe LC ES4 SP1 on the Windows 7 Pro 64-bit as our Test Publisher.  It works fine without any issue in MS Office 2010 publishing.

When moving to install it as Production system, it is installed on a VMWare with Windows 2008 R2 64-bit.  It has more memory (16 GB) and faster CPU speed.  However, it will not publish the MS Word or Excel document.  When testing in the ADMINUI page inside Adobe LifeCycle ES4 SP1 using "Create PDF", I encountered this error:

Error Code:10010
  Error Message:

Error message from the primary converter:
ALC-PDG-010-010-The conversion has timed out.

Error message from the fallback converter:
ALC-PDG-011-030-Submitted OpenOffice Document could not be converted to PDF. Either OpenOffice is not installed on this system or environment variable OpenOffice_PATH is not set to correct path. Please set OpenOffice_PATH environment variable to the <OpenOffice_Installation_Dir> on the server (e.g C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice.org 3.0) and then restart the server. 

I have the 32-bit MS Office Professional version installed and activated fine.  I am not sure why Adobe LC ES4 SP1 is not picking MS Office to publish, but fall back to OpenOffice in publishing?  I have searched the PTC KB and saw the same issue in the past for Adobe Acrobat 9 and Adobe LC ES3 issue and thought this issue should be resolved.  I have Adobe Acrobat XI also coming with the PTC license, so they should be OK.

I sent the Adobe LC ES4 server.log to PTC TS, but found no useful info.

Has anyone had an idea why it would not call MS Office to publish?  or may have any solution?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:tchao)

Hello Thomas,

this is not my area of expertise, but database query showed this article (not very detailed, but pretty clear):

CS72001 : Adobe LiveCycle is failed to create PDF file for Microsoft Office file

Thanks,

Gunter

tchao
4-Participant
(To:gkoch)

I tried re-install two times and the result are the same.  PTC TS also still not able figuring out what went wrong and they did confirm the installation looks good.  All test shows well, but it just won't publish Microsoft Word and Excel.....

I saw some notes here that they don't use Adobe LC ES4 to publish MS Office.  If you are the one, what kind of PDF converter you are using?  Can anyone share your method of publishing Office document?

Top Tags