cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PTC Creo integration with Solidworks

nmarandino
1-Newbie

PTC Creo integration with Solidworks

I am attempting to try out Creo while working on the SAE international Baja competition car. I currently have a model of the frame of the car in solidworks drawn up with the weldments tool for the tubular steel. I was wondering if there is any way that Creo would be able to take the file from solidworks, and develop some sort of cut list for each individual tube member on the frame, giving me all of the angles needed to be cut on each tube. I was told that other teams from the previous years have used this method, and I figured I would try it out, it would be much faster than calculating each piece in solidworks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Nick

1 REPLY 1

Hi Nick,

If you are able/willing to send me a portion of the frame I could see what types of conversion would be possible.

Also send me the tubing specs if you have them (ID, wall thickness, lb/ft, min/max bend radius, max/min cut length, etc).

-Carl

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags