cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Modify the “Welcome to Windchill” page?

pnelson
3-Visitor

Modify the “Welcome to Windchill” page?

Does anyone have experience modifying the “Welcome to Windchill” page?  Similar to pointing the Creo home page to an internal intranet page or website?  I'd like a way to inform users of upcoming downtime, link to company FAQ's, etc.   PTC Tech Support says it cant be done, but I have a hard time believing that.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Thanks Marco.  I do use the banner to label our Test and Development servers.  I also use it in Production for quick messages, but it doesn't automatically update for users already logged in.  My ugly brute force workaround is to restart Apache so all users have to refresh.  Any new users see the message when they connect.  I need to expand the existing page to show something like a SharePoint page so users can get to Work Instructions, see maintenance schedules, and search FAQ's.  We have the page internally, but unless a user goes there they don't see current information.

I thought we could modify codebase/netmarkets/jsp/netmarkets/welcomepage.jsp

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BineshKumar1)

Yes, it's still possible. (CS58708)

What would be really cool is if the administrator could force the pop up to appear for all users on command (announcement, etc.) 

Hi Pete,

If ultimate aim is to add hyperlink which navigates to internal link, then I guess we can achieve this using the Banner as below. I remember I had done it before.

If it is OK with you, I can dig into my older emails?

Untitled picture.png

Regards,

Shirish

Top Tags