cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

deleting feature in the group

cningappa
1-Newbie

deleting feature in the group

Hi Today i came across the problem.

I was hadling huge assembly in that "Few of the features are grouped and patterned for example gorup of hole,thread and revolve, its in a group.

This group is pattern, Now i dont want the revolve feature if we delete revelove it is deleting the entire pattren.

Pattern_1
   group_a

feature_1

feature_2

feature_3

group_a

feature_1

feature_2

feature_3

My question is how to delete the feature inside group of pattern.

Thanks

Chethan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I believe this a problem with groups - I don't know of a way to do it other than deleting the pattern, un-grouping and then re-creating group and pattern.

However, I would suggest trying Reference Patterns instead of grouping.

• Create the first ('leader') hole, thread and revolve (or not the revolve if you don't need it now!)
    • Make sure that the thread only references entities of the hole, or entities that will continue to be valid references as the thread follows the pattern of holes - so if all the holes are in the same surface of a plate, it's OK to reference that surface.  If the holes are radially spaced around the outside of a cylinder, it's not OK to reference a vertical plane as that won't rotate with the holes.
  • Pattern the hole
  • Pattern the thread, and notice that the pattern type should automatically be set to 'Reference'

Reference patterns are very robust, in that you can add or delete further features (such as the revolve) without affecting the other features involved.  I like them a lot!

Top Tags