cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Hai please answer this question

ms-4
1-Newbie

Hai please answer this question

If

Vu=0.383*3000*(1275-d)

Vc=0.36*3000*d

Vu ≤ Vc

Then value of  "d" ll be greater than equal to what ?AokPi_R8vrsjvPwvgbAPxy0Y0JbJX_-vZaKW3jcXsNSn.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ms-4)

You may user the symbolic "solve" to do the job:

And if you don't mind the red errors thrown by the numerics, you can define Vu und Vc as variables and not as functions in d, if you prefer it that way

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Thank you. . .

Hi,

It occurs to me that, as a beginner, there might be part of the above solution that you don't understand -it's quite common for some of the aspects of Mathcad to be initially a little bit confusing as it isn't quite like conventional programming languages. If this is case, can you say what it is you didn't understand (for example, how to input the expressions or what Mathcad is doing)?  It would also help to know what version of Mathcad are you using (eg, Prime 3.1 or Mathcad 14/15)?

I'm reluctant to attach a worksheet, in part because I'd have to type it all in again , and in part because you typing it in will be one of the ways that you can familiarize yourself with Mathcad - the best way to learn is by doing and playing evaluating alternative approaches and methods.

For example, to type in the expression 1464975. - 1149 d = 1080 d solve ->  you would click in a blank area of a worksheet and type the following:

1464975. - 1149 d ctl-= 1080 d ctl-> solve d

The decimal point after 1464975 is important as it is an implicit instruction to Mathcad's symbolic processor to give the answer as a floating point (decimal) number.  Without the decimal point, Mathcad would return the answer in the form of a rational number (488325/743 in this case), as the symbolic processor keeps integers as integers wherever possible and leaves numbers such as e and π as symbols.   This is where playing is a nice method of learning, because you can get a decimal answer a few other ways; for example, from the Symbolic toolbar (M15) or ribbon (Prime), you could use the float keyword, or you could simply type = at the end of the expression - this passes the symbolic result to the (normal) numeric processor which works in floating point only.

Stuart

Dont type it again i already attach the file please edit it and attach it back. . . .

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You may user the symbolic "solve" to do the job:

And if you don't mind the red errors thrown by the numerics, you can define Vu und Vc as variables and not as functions in d, if you prefer it that way

ms-4
1-Newbie
(To:Werner_E)

thank you Werner Exinger

ms-4
1-Newbie
(To:Werner_E)

sir when i press , it is taking two parts iam not getting what to do

Top Tags