cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

A tank plexiglass

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

A tank plexiglass

Hello

I need to simulate a tank plexiglass of 1.0 metre in diameter and 2.0 meter long, closed at the ends by spherical covers.

Inside there is a depression of 400 [mba].

To avoid fixing on the Plexiglas constraints should you use inertial balance loading.

To be sure of the result should make the simulation on the whole tank because if you use half or a quarter it seems that the result is not the same.

If someone could share its experience on such a topic.

Kind regards.

Denis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Normalement, je reste loin de "inertia relief" contraints. J'essaye a modeliser aussi realiste que possible, plus ou moins. Qu'est-ce q'il y a avec tes restrictions de déplacements symetriques?

/Mats L/

Hello,

Thanks for the link very well explained.

Hello masts,

As it is a Plexiglas tank, I wonder if constraints of fasteners will not alter the results due to the depression.

But it will be also just because we will have to hold it in place.

Now if someone has already simulated a tank if he could get me benefit from his experience.

Kind regards.

Denis

Hello

There is an interesting book which deals with the subject of a tank with several ways to solve it.

The title of the book by Randy Shih is above the attached image.

Kind regards.

Denis

How will the tank be held in place in real life?

Inertia relief is nice and easy, but you also give up some control on the model, and introduce a possibility for errors.

If you are going to use it, at least first do an analysis without it, so you know roughly what the results should look like.

Top Tags