cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to get annotations displayed in Creo View's 'Viewables'

AndreasHellmann
3-Visitor

How to get annotations displayed in Creo View's 'Viewables'

Good morning to everybody,

perhaps someone of you have a solution for this problem:

I have defined some Combined States in a Creo assembly.

Some 3D annotations are assigned to specific combined states so that every state displays only certain annotations. This works fine in Creo Parametric 2 and 3.

I want these Combined states to be available under the "Viewables" Tab in Creo View (Lite).

I am using the RCP editor to configure the output of pvs/pvz files.

And in Creo I set the config option "intf_out_pvs_recipe_file" to the rcp file.

My problem:

When I export a PVS/PVZ file from Creo 2 (M180) the combined states are available in CreoView 3 (M031) as "Viewables", BUT annotations are shown in "Master View" only. The Combined States/Viewables doesn't show any annotations.

When I use  Creo 3 Parametric (M060) and the same rcp file for export to PVZ/PVS) then the notes/annotations are shown in CreoView 3 (M031). Creo 3 seems to use another option for this type of export.

My question:

Does anybody know if there is a config/rcp option for Creo 2 Parametric that ensures annotations to be displayed in CreoView Viewables? Our productive version is Croe 2 (and will be 2016), so Creo 3 isn't an option today.

Thanks in advance.

Andreas

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just in case someone else will run into the same problem like me:

It turned out that there is a bug in Creo Parametric 2.0.

The problem is that all SimpReps with default rule "Exclude" cause annotations dissappear in CreoView's Viewables. After redefining these simreps to default rule "Master" everything works fine.

With Creo Parametric 3.0 (M030 >) and the CreoView 3.0 adapter (M032>) everything works fine.

At the moment (Dec 2015) it's not 100% clear if PTC will solve this in a datecode for Creo 2.

Andreas

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andreas,

I think that Creo functionality concerning annotations is still evolving. Therefore I guess that Creo 2.0 fuctionality will never reach Creo 3.0 fuctionality.

Please contact PTC Support and ask them the same question.

MH

Martin Hanák

I am aware of the fact that a newer software release always brings new options and has a better functionality.

My concern is that perhaps PTC changed some default values for config.pro or rcp settings from version 2 to 3....

PTC customer support:

Unfortunately here in Germany PTC doesn't allow me to contact their support anymore (starting in early 2015) even when I have my license under maintainance.... I have to contact a reseller; but this means in reality: no support anymore.

Andreas

Andreas,

ask your reseller to open Case at PTC Support and use your problem description.

MH

Martin Hanák

Just in case someone else will run into the same problem like me:

It turned out that there is a bug in Creo Parametric 2.0.

The problem is that all SimpReps with default rule "Exclude" cause annotations dissappear in CreoView's Viewables. After redefining these simreps to default rule "Master" everything works fine.

With Creo Parametric 3.0 (M030 >) and the CreoView 3.0 adapter (M032>) everything works fine.

At the moment (Dec 2015) it's not 100% clear if PTC will solve this in a datecode for Creo 2.

Andreas

Thanks Andreas for the latest update, we did face this issue as well, however we are moving to Creo view 3.0 now I guess that will solve the problem

Athmanand

I am marking this post as Correct Answer to signal to community that the thread has a solution.

Gunter

Top Tags