cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Novice's questions about Mathcad Prime (3.1) worksheet

Liv
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Novice's questions about Mathcad Prime (3.1) worksheet

Hello !

Skimming through Mathcad Express I noticed that maximum number of lines for calculation is about ten per page.

Is it possible to increase it without using characters too small ? (I don't remember for the moment if in prime there's zooming...)

In older versions number of lines was around 20 and I am worrying about the no of pages for my longer worksheets after conversion/rewriting them in Mathcad Prime (MP).

Are still there the pages on the right in MP ? They were useful, at least for me, as "notepad" area, for "recycling" expressions, tests,...

Best regards,

Liv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Liv)

Liviu F wrote:

Hello !

Skimming through Mathcad Express I noticed that maximum number of lines for calculation is about ten per page.

Is it possible to increase it without using characters too small ? (I don't remember for the moment if in prime there's zooming...)

Hi Liv,

You can change the grid size from Standard to Fine to get closer vertical separation between regions.  In fact, if you change from Standard to Fine, the regions get closer together, and further apart if you go from Fine to Standard.   This will probably help you a little bit () but is, in general, a Very Bad Thing  (I want the grid to give me the ability to align regions with a given physical spacing not act as a variable-size mesh to hang regions on to).

You can change the zoom from either the Document Ribbon or the slider at the bottom right of the Prime window (status area).

Are still there the pages on the right in MP ? They were useful, at least for me, as "notepad" area, for "recycling" expressions, tests,...

Yes, they're still there, but for some unconvincing reason you can't print them.  In the Document Ribbon look for Page and Draft buttons in the View section, or in the status area next to the Zoom slider.

Stuart

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Liviu F wrote:

Hello !

Hi Liv,

You can change the grid size from Standard to Fine to get closer vertical separation between regions.  In fact, if you change from Standard to Fine, the regions get closer together, and further apart if you go from Fine to Standard.   This will probably help you a little bit () but is, in general, a Very Bad Thing  (I want the grid to give me the ability to align regions with a given physical spacing not act as a variable-size mesh to hang regions on to).

You can change the zoom from either the Document Ribbon or the slider at the bottom right of the Prime window (status area).

Yes, they're still there, but for some unconvincing reason you can't print them.  In the Document Ribbon look for Page and Draft buttons in the View section, or in the status area next to the Zoom slider.

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You can change the font size in Prime and it does have page zooming. Prime has a lot of limitations compared to Mathcad 15, but I don't think there's any real difference to how many lines of calculation you can fit on a page.

Yes, there are still pages on the right. In Prime the default view doesn't show them, but you can change the view to a continuous whiteboard, similar to Mathcad 15.

In case you are not aware of this, if you purchase Mathcad Prime your license will also work for Mathcad 15 (which in fact you would need to install to convert your old files anyway).. Depending on your exact needs, you may be better off continuing to work in Mathcad 15 for as long as possible (which is what many others, including myself, are doing).

Liv
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Thank you very much, Stuart and Richard, that helps.

I usually do not need to print the right pages.

Situation is then better than I thought. Probably my questions seemed silly, but these were my general worries. Actually I had installed trial version on my laptop, but during summer I had to make a clean install of Windows and hadn't yet time to take care of trial Prime reinstall.

I'll study it better than.

Best regards, Liv.  

Top Tags