cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Custom JSP page

phartwig
12-Amethyst

Custom JSP page

All,

Where do I find documentation on creating a custom JSP page? 

I am looking for a way to execute a trigger without editing/saving an item.   My first thought was to create a JSP page that could be accessed by a hyperlink in the web client that would call use the api to execute the trigger.  However, I am having issues getting a simple JSP page to create a session and execute a simple command.  I am looking for documentation on setting up the environment and how to maintain the session info for the user that called the JSP.

Thank you,

Paul Hartwig

Ingersoll-Rand

6 REPLIES 6
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:phartwig)

Hello Paul,

Could you share what you've done so far, at least in general terms?  Are you establishing an API session from the JSP?

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
phartwig
12-Amethyst
(To:KaelLizak)

Kael,

I have figured out how to get a simple command to execute from a new API session in the JSP.  I am now working on how to pass the user session from the ootb page to my new jsp page.  Do you know if this is possible?  I looked at using the httpsession but it appears that is is null and the IterationPoint.getSessions() returns more than just the current user session.

Thank you,

Paul Hartwig

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:phartwig)

Hi PAUL HARTWIG,

Could you open a case to look into this in more detail?

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Hi Paul,

juast wondering if you can share the results from your try outs with us. Are you able to handover the session details already?

Best Regards

Volker

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hi Volker,

From my research, it looks like there is no supported way to do this.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Volker,

I found a way to get a list of sessions but not the session owned by the user who called the JSP page.  I am working on an alternative solution that will not require the JSP page now.

Thank you,

Paul Hartwig

Top Tags