cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Changing an assembly model by changing the simplified rep.

vreints
1-Newbie

Changing an assembly model by changing the simplified rep.

Hi, my name is Vance.  I want to use the command that changes the video from one simplified rep to another and use this message in a relation to physically change dimensions in my model.  I do tool design in Creo 2.0 and often there will be multiple set-ups for the different parts that the tool is made for.  The net effect is to change the location of components of the tool to show the set-up for a different part, just by changing the simplified rep that you are looking at and then regenerating.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:vreints)

Generally speaking, simplified reps are not for this purpose. They are for the purpose of simplifying your assemblies (or parts) to improve system performance.

For your application, I would use family tables. They are used to show model variants, dimensions, parameters, and components.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:vreints)

When you say "change the location of components of the tool to show the set-up for a different part", does this mean you want to show different explode states?

This should be possible from View Manager as well (although offsetting models will not be driven by exact measures, but manual moving parts on the screen)

vreints
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

When I am changing the location of components I mean I am actually changing the location of a component of the tool by changing one of the assembly constraint dimension for that component.  This being done by a relation.  Here is an example of what the relation would look like:

If "simplified_rep"=WA12345

d17==50.8

d215==223.215

ENDIF

If "simplified_rep"=WA98765

d17==762.00

d215==25.4

ENDIF

I used "simplified_rep" as an example because I do not know what the message is that the simplified rep sends to the video card that then changes the display.

Top Tags