cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

What ever happend to Tad Doxsee?

346gnu
12-Amethyst

What ever happend to Tad Doxsee?

His knowledge and posts were brilliant.

No input from him is a significant loss.

Just my thoughts

5 REPLIES 5
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:346gnu)

Yes, I found his linkedin profile aswell... He is no longer with ptc it seems. I heard all development of creo simulate moved to India, is this corrcect?

Yes - the entire team that had been in San Jose CA was eliminated - nobody remained with the company ... HUGE loss. There were a few people who had been there from the very beginning (Rasna Mechanica days!). All development that had been done there was moved to a PTC location in India, where there had already been a chunk of work for Simulate being conducted over the past 10+ years.

my 2 cents

Hi Charles and all,

Creo Simulate continues to be a key offering in the PTC Product Portfolio, and our vision is to continue developing it to satisfy the needs of our customers interested in performing more analysis, earlier in the design process. With the growing interest for Simulation and Analysis Tools and usage throughout the design process, PTC has no plans to discontinue new development of Creo Simulate. For future releases, PTC will continue to monitor market trends, listen to our customers and introduce new capabilities to provide a compelling solution for our customer.

To address the comments on development, Creo Simulate development was balanced between a number of our R&D facilities around the world. In an effort to optimize the product development of Creo Simulate we looked to create a center of excellence for Simulation development. The chosen location was India. India has and will remain the main development center for Creo Simulate and the rest of our simulation products (MDX/MDO and BMX). As Chris mentioned, this team has been actively developing Creo Simulate for over 10 years, and have a deep level of understanding of the product. This team remains focused and committed to the success of Creo Simulate. 

If you have specific questions related to topics or information, you can email me at -

Regards,

Mark Fischer

Director, Simulation Product Management

Maybe 100+ man-years of experience in the trash... I'm not in software development but in mechanical design/product development  it's always a challenge trying to figure out why a certain thing is designed in a certain way, when the people having made those design decisions are  no longer available to ask. I would guess its the same with software development. You can't document everything, and you certainly can't document all the ideas/thoughts that smart people tested & rejected for some reason, at sometime in the past... I sometimes fear our "knowledge culture" is becoming degenerate, when everything moves to China/India... 

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags