cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Symbols move

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Symbols move

We have symbols in our drawing template files that are turned on and off by layers driven from a drawing program and a drawing parameter.

When I open the template file, everything looks good.

When I use 1 of the 4 templates in a new drawing, all of my symbols get copied to one layer so the blank on the drawing face because there are 2 symbols, one active, one invisible on top of each other. We can fix it by cutting the symbols in the layer tree and then deleting the symbol from the drawing face. so the active one becomes visible again. But, any symbol added to this drawing will now go to that one layer and be invisible, until we move it.

I would not think it is in the drawing program or state names used, since 3 templates/formats work fine.

We are on Creo2 m100 but this issue goes back to Wildfire2 m220 when we added a new drawing state to the lists.

The states are :RD, UCNI, ECI, NO_ECI and UCNI_ECI. The UCNI_ECI is the state that was added almost 3 years ago and has always been troublesome only on the E-size assembly drawing template. When I did the changes to the drawing program, this was the 3rd template modified and I had recorded the steps when I did the first one so I could repeat the process.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

57 people have viewed this and no ideas in what may be causing the issue?

It's possible to set a layer to capture new items. I've used that for Was/Now drawing changes so that all the Now items are automatically captured.

Perhaps that's the case here or perhaps the drawing template is corrupted and needs someone at PTC to reset some flag that isn't set right.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:dschenken)

How do you set a layer from the Drawing Program when it exits?

I think if I set the layer to an annotation layer after the drawing program changes the classification symbols, it should be ok.

This is only happening on the E-sized templates, the C-sized are still behaving nicely. It was originally only the E-assy template but when I made some recent changes the E-part template started acting up, too.

Can you share the specific template ? is that possible ?

Top Tags