cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

pattern error

bxu
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

pattern error

question.png

Hi, friends. I created a revolve cut (green). When I tried to pattern it as 4 in 360 degree, different feature shown in rest 3. Need help to fix it. Thanks, Bill

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:bxu)

There might be a problem with the reference you choose to make the pattern... wrong axis ?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:RaphMORIN)

I agree.  I noticed something similar, but more drastic, doing a pattern.  I think I made the mistake of using a reference to a plane in the sketch, vs using a horizontal constraint, I'm going to check that.  On another note, the geometry pattern of the same feature worked first time with no issues.  Hmmmmm......

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

please upload your model using How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion. procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák
bxu
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:MartinHanak)

See attached please, thanks! Bill

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

Capture.JPG

strange. it's OK after pattern recreated .

bxu
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:BHOoi)

BH,

I am using Wildfire 5.0 M060. Are you using same one?

Thanks,

Bill

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

Bill, I am using Creo 2, M130.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I guess the problem can be caused by a bug present in ProE WF5 M060 (version of your sofware). When I delete second pattern a create it once again in CR2 M070, then its geometry is correct.

Unfortunatelly I do not know, how to resolve the problem in ProE WF5 M060. Probably you have to redefine patterned feature and add some references.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I verified that your problem is ProE WF5 M060 bug. You have to use different technique to create the pattern.

Resolution:

• remove second pattern
  • remove second revolve feature
  • create second revolve feature once again ... at the beginning of feature creation >>> create new datum plane "on the fly" and use it as sketching plane
  • new datum plane must go through A_2 exist and have an angle 0 degrees to TOP datum plane
  • pattern second revolve feature using Dimension pattern and angle related to new datum plane

MH

Martin Hanák
rubenvillarreal
13-Aquamarine

Hello,

I recreated the problem in Creo 3.0 M060. I deleted the pattern and created again, and the problem persist.

It seems to be a problem in the sketch of the revolve feature. Try to modify the sketch, add some centerlines and add an angular reference, also try to edit the dimension and delete some constraints. It should solve your problem. Your sketch should look something like this.

See the sketch in the file attached, a copy/paste operation should be ok.

1.png

I am using WF5.0 M060 to re-create, still does not work.

Top Tags