cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

In part module - Some of the features (say like ribs) should not to be sectioned (hatched), but the creo shows the hatching for the rib feature they are asking how to exclude that hatching . How to remove this?

kb-3
1-Newbie

In part module - Some of the features (say like ribs) should not to be sectioned (hatched), but the creo shows the hatching for the rib feature they are asking how to exclude that hatching . How to remove this?

P_20151128_185150.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
rubenvillarreal
13-Aquamarine
(To:kb-3)

I'm not sure if you can do such thing. Maybe at the drawing level there are more options.

I would suggest you to create an incomplete rib after you already sectioned the part. Not quite helpful I know, but it is a solution.

Untitled.png

For representing gear teeth and splines, (similar issue), we include a thin cut where a tooth lies on the section plane.  For internal splines this is typically all I model, to keep the view 'clean' - no actual tooth representation.

Of course, you should structure your model tree so that you can easily suppress such features if you want to do FEA; and if you choose not to model gear teeth then the mass calculation will be less accurate.  But it's a good solution for drawings.

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Not possible unless you mess with the model. In that case both Ruben's and Jonathan's suggestions would work.

For Ruben's, the section skips non-solidified surfaces.

For Jonathan's, that super-thin cut separating the rib from the model creates a separation in the cross-hatching. From there you can switch to X-Area (in the modify x-hatching menu), toggle to the rib x-hatching then erase the x-hatching.

Jacek_Mydlikows
6-Contributor
Kevin
10-Marble

ANother way is to create the section in the part and add it to the desired drawing view, in the drawing view erase them hatch, create a boundary for the desired hatch area on the view ( you'll also want to set the associate to view setting for the sketch geometry, and hatch the area. Gives more control over spacing and angle than just using a sketch in part mode.

Top Tags