cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Auto multiple and submultiple of unit measure

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Auto multiple and submultiple of unit measure

Hello everyone!

Years ago (about 2000) I wrote a routine, Visual C ++ environment, which, given a real number with the base unit of measure, it returned the same number with the correct multiple or submultiple of the unit. For example: 1542000 Hz input, output 1.542MHz. It exists in mathcad something that does the same thing without having to write the correct  multiple or submultiple? or need most likely to redo a suitable program?

Thanks for your attention

Best regards

F. M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:-MFra-)

Unfortunately, no. Mathcad decides how to format the units, and it's not very good at picking the most appropriate prefix. That's internal to Mathcad though, so there's no way to do anything about it. Other than by writing your own unit handling system, anyway, with units represented by strings. I doubt you want to do that though!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:-MFra-)

Unfortunately, no. Mathcad decides how to format the units, and it's not very good at picking the most appropriate prefix. That's internal to Mathcad though, so there's no way to do anything about it. Other than by writing your own unit handling system, anyway, with units represented by strings. I doubt you want to do that though!

Top Tags