cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

duplicating parts

dgrobe
6-Contributor

duplicating parts

when the engineer duplicates a part, he didnt duplicate the drawing.  in Intralink, there was a work around, where i could duplicate the part and drawing, then update the part in my workspace, with what was in commonspace.  how can i do this in Windchill.  i tried it, but it fails because the part exist in common space. 

Engineer duplicated a part, with a new part number, but didnt duplicate the drawing with it.  so, i have to go redimension the drawing because he moved a hole.

thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:dgrobe)

Daniel Grobe wrote:

when the engineer duplicates a part, he didnt duplicate the drawing.  in Intralink, there was a work around, where i could duplicate the part and drawing, then update the part in my workspace, with what was in commonspace.  how can i do this in Windchill.  i tried it, but it fails because the part exist in common space.

One way is to do this:

1. add original model, drw and new model to a workspace
  2. export original model, drw, and dependents from workspace into a new empty directory
  3. in a non-linked session of Creo Parametric open the exported original model and drawing
  4. from Creo Parametric rename the model and drawing to the new name
    • you make have to set config option "let_proe_rename_pdm_objects" to yes
  5. save the drawing
    • make have to force a change to get it to save
  6. import the drawing only back into the workspace
    • be sure to change dependents to none
dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:RandyJones)

I will try that.. now.. quick question, how can i open a non linked session of creo?  is that work offline?  can i do this with my linked session running?

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

Daniel Grobe wrote:

I will try that.. now.. quick question, how can i open a non linked session of creo?  is that work offline?  can i do this with my linked session running?

From the Server Management dialog activate "<NO SERVER>":

server_manager.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

This exact same process still exists.  We use it every day.  You may need to enable the preference in CS94283.

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

thanks alot, i will post up a follow up, when we do this again, as im sure it will happen.

Top Tags