cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

About mathstyles

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

About mathstyles

Hello everyone!

There is some expert who knows how to do?

In a worksheet, some math styles were defined. The same mathstyles are used in another worksheet, but in different positions in the dropdown menu where they are defined. For example: the mathstyle attributed to user 1, in the first worksheet, it corresponds to user 6 in another worksheet. Having to use the first worksheet as a reference in the second worksheet, there is a method to create a match without having to reformat the second worksheet in which is used the reference?

Thanks!

F. M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

Unless both sheets are spin-offs of the very same stylesheet/template I guess you have bad luck. The feature you request, passing the styles from one sheet to another, is not implemented in Mathcad.

If you need this feature regularly, you could write a program/script which copies the mathStyles-section of one Mathcad  xml-file to another before you open the ,master document in Mathcad. Still awkward, but the only solution I can think of and you have to decide if its worth the effort.

Werner

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I assume you are refering to mathcad 14/15, not Prime in any case.

My first attempt would be to take the worksheet(s) back to Mathcad version 6 (maybe 8?) where you can save it in ASCII format, then edit the formatting table and save the worksheets up to 11.

The hope is that all stuff that is unsupported in the old format survives the exercise.

Let's have the worksheet(s) then...

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:LucMeekes)

Mathcad 15.

Instead of sending two worksheets (didactic examples), I joined them in just one. then you can create the second worksheet that uses the reference to the first.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You could use a text editor to arrange the appropriate lines in the *.xmcd file (don't save in compressed format) so they have the same order as in the other file.

Mathcad just assigns a style number to a variable  and so the order of the styles is what matters.

The same method is also used unfortunately for the colormap in the 3D-plot. If you have come custom colormaps in the default colormap directory, a file with a 3D-plot you get from someone will probably look differently colored. Thats not as it should be,

WE

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Ah,

I didn't think of the (uncompressed, therefor editable) XML(-like) formatted .xmcd files. This should prevent loosing math due to features not supported in old version.

Good point Werner.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Werner_E)

thanks to the qualified answer, but doing so makes the procedure complicated and very "fragile" by acting on the software. A small typing error that escaped the view, compromises everything.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

What I would like is then: when I use, in worksheet-2, the reference to the worksheet-1, should automatically pass in the worksheet-2 in addition to functions, variables and constants and measurement units, also mathstyles of the worksheet -1, without having to rewrite them, in the right place, in the worksheet-2.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Unless both sheets are spin-offs of the very same stylesheet/template I guess you have bad luck. The feature you request, passing the styles from one sheet to another, is not implemented in Mathcad.

If you need this feature regularly, you could write a program/script which copies the mathStyles-section of one Mathcad  xml-file to another before you open the ,master document in Mathcad. Still awkward, but the only solution I can think of and you have to decide if its worth the effort.

Werner

Top Tags