cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Plotting 3D data points

pwillhite
1-Newbie

Plotting 3D data points

Hello all I am new to using MathCad and am running into an issue.

I have a bunch of data points (x,y,z) that I need plotted on a 3D scatter plot. When I try to plot them say I have 3 points so nine entries it will place all 9 numbers instead of placing 3 points at the coordinates (x,y,z).

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:pwillhite)

Please post a worksheet (click on "use advanced editor" at the top right of the edit dialog). If you are using Prime then some people may not be able to open your worksheet, so posting a pdf showing what you are trying to do would be a good idea.

We don't see what you are trying and which version you use (I am assuming real Mathcad).

The problem may be that you need a special structure to plot your points. This has to be a 3 x 1 vector whose elements are the vectors of x-, y- and z-coordinates of the points:

Regards

Werner

PS: Sometimes you will get an error and then it helps, to set first "vectorfield plot" and then back to "scatter plot"/""data points".

Top Tags