cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Bulk Item and its unit

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet

Bulk Item and its unit

Hi everybody

sometimes I use bulk item parts in assembly.

In the BOM table on drawing I see the BOM_REPORT QUANTITY parameter.

Is it possible to see, in the same table,

the Unit_quantity and the Unit

which are two characteristics of that parameter ?

Thanks a lot

Bye

Pier

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:pdiletti-2)

Ok, I did not read very well you question.

After a look to support, I found this : https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS122116&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=report%20unit&ProductFamily=Creo…

It says :

• To obtain the appropriate result, add the Bulk Item to an assembly and create a drawing which contains this assembly.
  • Create a table with a simple region and add the parameter &asm_mbr_ptc_unit_bom_report_quantity
  • Refresh the table

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Hi

When you edit the parameters of the bulk item, you can add the column "unit" to the table to see the units. By default the parameter "BOM_REPORT_QUANTITY" has no unit. If you right click on the parameter you can add a unit by selecting like below.

Here's what you can get ones it's done.

I suppose you can then call this in your bom table.

Thank you Raphal,

Yes, I added the unit on the Parameter panel, but the problem is just ...

how to recall this info on the BOM table on the drawing.

Bye

Pier

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Ok, I did not read very well you question.

After a look to support, I found this : https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS122116&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=report%20unit&ProductFamily=Creo…

It says :

• To obtain the appropriate result, add the Bulk Item to an assembly and create a drawing which contains this assembly.
  • Create a table with a simple region and add the parameter &asm_mbr_ptc_unit_bom_report_quantity
  • Refresh the table

Great , it works !

Thanks a lot ....

regards

Pier

Top Tags