cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

NC Sequence Rotation Pattern

cvansickle
2-Guest

NC Sequence Rotation Pattern

Currently test driving Creo 3 M060 for an upgrade from Wildfire 4.  Having trouble figuring out how to properly create a rotation pattern of an NC sequence in Creo.

In Wildfire 4, I would pattern an NC sequence with the menu manager to rotate a sequence around an axis in two directions.  The sequence I am rotating is pointed at the axis I am rotating around. Here is the un-patterned sequence:

WF4 Unpatterned Sequence.PNG

After specifying the angle between instances, I would make the following selections so that each patterned sequence would be pointed at the center axis.

Menu.PNG

Here is the resulting pattern. Notice each instance of the sequence is pointed directly at the center axis of the blurred part.

WF4 Patterned Sequence.PNG

Now, I'm trying to do the same thing in Creo 3, but I don't seem to have access to the options I selected above when patterning the feature.  Keep in mind this sequence is in a UDF that I placed into both Creo and Wildfire. Here are the pattern options I select in Creo:

Creo Menu.PNG

Here is the result in Creo. Notice the instances are not all pointed at the center axis.

Creo Patterned Sequence.PNG

I'm thinking I'm not able to set the options that I screen clipped from wildfire above. Can anyone help out here?

Thanks,

Corey

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2

Thank you! This works, though it's not ideal. We have a library of models, some of which date back to the 90's. The older ones open with an old interface because the manufacturing information is in the work piece part rather than the assembly.  For those models, we'll have to pattern the NC sequence, and for the newer models, we'll have to use this Subroutine tool.  It gets frustrating when you have to make people know two ways to do the same thing, and have to figure out when to do which method.

edit: nevermind, I found the subroutine tool in the old style interface.  Thanks.

Top Tags