cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

ESI - How to prevent user from sending "non-latest" iterations to a distribution target?

fnauheimer
1-Newbie

ESI - How to prevent user from sending "non-latest" iterations to a distribution target?

Hi,

is there a preference or setting which prevents the user from sending a "non-latest" iteration to the distribution target?

Background:

With the "Send to distribution target" action we're pulling a number from SAP. If the user perfoms this task on a version which is not latest, the newer iterations won't get the number assigned.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
syadala
5-Regular Member
(To:fnauheimer)

One way you can achieve this is with a action validator where you can validate the object and either display or hide the action. If you need any further assistance please mail me.

Regards

Sudhakar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
syadala
5-Regular Member

One way you can achieve this is with a action validator where you can validate the object and either display or hide the action. If you need any further assistance please mail me.

Regards

Sudhakar

Thanks, this is a good point.

I'll check this with our programmer, but it might be easier to throw an ESI exception during the number assignment logic than creating an action validator. This would also be sufficient.

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

Not sure if this would help.

remove Read access to ESIRelease for ESI Authors group (but not ESI Admin). Then add

Capture.JPG

for ESI Authors.

The ESI Closeloop witll hang at "Post Release" and then complete.

ESI does complete.

Top Tags