cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mathcad 11 Upgrade Registration Problem

jhill-3
1-Newbie

Mathcad 11 Upgrade Registration Problem

I’m a long term user of Mathcad, and have purchased a number of upgrades.  Recently, I had computer problems and am reinstalling.  My Mathcad 11 upgrade reinstallation was successful, but I could not activate automatically.  I don’t know if the problem occurred because I have an old product or was not connected to the internet at that time.  I could not find an activation link, so could not try again.

3 REPLIES 3

More on my registration problem:

I uninstalled and reinstalled Mathcad, this time using IE instead of Firefox for activation.  Activation worked somewhat better; letting me to try (unsuccessfully) again and again.  It said Mathcad was unable to connect to the activation server at Mathsoft (not PTC Mathcad).  Help gave various possibilities, one being that the root certificate may have expired, an eye-glazing topic, I decided after a little internet searching.  IE seems to work fine. Since I last installed it in 2012, activation processes probably have changed.  I tried the registration link to see what would happen, and just got to the PTC Mathcad home page.

I'm installing it on a winXP computer, since my non-upgrade purchase came on floppies and recent computers don't have floppy drives.

Jim

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jhill-3)

I'm afraid I have bad news for you. Automatic activation has not worked for a very long time, because PTC did not support Mathsoft's server. However, of much bigger consequence is that all support, including activation, for version 11-13 was dropped in August: https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/community/mathcad/blog/2014/09/25/important-mathcad-support-announcement

So with no activation available, Mathcad 11 is dead.

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the information.

Jim

Top Tags