cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How do you change the direction in which a motor moves in a simulation.

avijayakumar
1-Newbie

How do you change the direction in which a motor moves in a simulation.

Hi Scott, I was wondering if you could tell me how to reverse the direction in which a motor moves in a simulation. I was also wondering if you could help me simulate the servo on the right of the picture below, as I am only allowed to rotate the mechanism on the left as of now:

NewAttachmentPostPic.PNG

Also, I was wondering if you could tell me the steps to delete some of the material on the Tetrix part shown on the arm of my right mechanism.

This is the link model I described:newattachment.asm.zip

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The first thing you need to do is the fix the assembly constraints for the second to last part in your model. It is constrained to "ground" which is preventing the servo from rotating. For your mechanism, I would add a snapshot named "initial posistion" and make it the starting point for your analysis. That will ensure you always start from the same position and not the current position. To change the direction of the motor, just change the constant from a positive number to a negative number.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The first thing you need to do is the fix the assembly constraints for the second to last part in your model. It is constrained to "ground" which is preventing the servo from rotating. For your mechanism, I would add a snapshot named "initial posistion" and make it the starting point for your analysis. That will ensure you always start from the same position and not the current position. To change the direction of the motor, just change the constant from a positive number to a negative number.

Thank you! How would I go about doing the snapshot? As of now I just define where the arm should start by setting a value in the servo motor pop-up box.

Snapshots are defined in the Drag Components dialog box. Select the Drag Components icon in the Mechanism toolbardragcomponents.jpg and you'll be able to create a snapshot for any position of the assembly.

Thank you! It is simulating as expected. How would I go about constrainting a Tetrix part to a custom part made in Creo? I can constraint the parts in Tetrix together because they have nicely corresponding holes, but I don't know how to go about constrainting the custom parts without these holes.

You would use standard assembly constraints like Coincident, Parallel, Distance, Tangent, etc.

Top Tags