cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is Print Preview available on Arbortext 5.4?

DebraCarlin
1-Newbie

Is Print Preview available on Arbortext 5.4?

I know, we are dinosaurs. But I have been told that Print Preview is not available on 5.4. We use it on 5.3, but for users with 5.4 Print Preview is grayed out. We are moving a group to 5.4 and would really like to have Print Preview.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I just tried it and print preview in 5.4 is functional. Not sure why it would be grey's out. You will need to have 5.4 composer or PE to use it.

Ray

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi, I just tried it and print preview in 5.4 is functional. Not sure why it would be grey's out. You will need to have 5.4 composer or PE to use it.

Ray

Was the print composer installed during the installation of Arbortext Editor?

A "Typical" install will not install the print composer.

One should use a "Custom" install.

Do you have a print composer license?

Do you have in the ArbortextInstallPath\licenses a 7002.lic file or is the print composer license in the Arbortext Editor license?

(See Arbortext Licensing team for questions about license content. Be sure to let them know that it is an "Elan" license)

Composing to PDF can be done with Arbortext Publishing Engine server, a Styler license or a Print Compose license.

Did you get a resolution to your print preview problem?

If so, then could you let the community know the correct answer by select it for one of the responses, or create a comment explaining your resolution and marking it as the correct response.

Top Tags