cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Two positions in an assembly with Family Table

erguezga
3-Visitor

Two positions in an assembly with Family Table

Hello,

I am quite new in Creo 2 and I have a problem trying to show two different positions involving only a change of an angle value in an assembly.

The angle is between two planes and I have constraints to the second plane so, what I change in the family table to show both positions is the value of that angle.

I do not know why but the option of "Verify instances of the family" is not available. Does anybody know why? What am I doing wrong?

In any case the assembly is ok but the problem is when I use the assembly in a drawing and I try to use both positions. The "Set Model" option is not working and I cannot change between instances, even though they are added to the drawing. And there is no error message. Does anyone could help me?

Thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:erguezga)

First you need to go the layout tab, Drawing models, and then Add model to add the instance to the drawing . You be able to add another view to the drawing once you've added the instance to the drawing.

Not sure about the verify instance. You would need to be in the generic (not the instance) to use the verify.

It seems that is not possible to set two views of different instances in the same sheet. Is that correct?

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

If I understand your problem, you should make two instances with a family table in your assembly. In each instance, you can swap the component you want. Then, in the drawing, as Stephen said, you add the needed instances of your assembly.

gkoch
1-Newbie

If the position is only changed by the angle, then it is sufficient to have the angle in the family table.

To add a second family table instance to the drawing, use Drawing Models > Add Model and select the instance you want to add

Top Tags