cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Simulate stand alone

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Simulate stand alone

Hi all,

for work I use Creo 3 linked to windchill so, to open a file, I look for it always inside a workspace of the PDM. For our corporate rules, the only CAD files that we manage outside the PDM are the simulations, so I have different folders with many Creo files.
Yesterday I had to do cleaning of old files and, for mistake, I've done double click on  one. Usually I don't open a Creo file outside of windchill in this manner, anyway I was sure to start Creo Parametric; instead it started Creo Simulate like a stand alone program.
I knew that there was only the FEM mode like stand alone (I've never use it because we not have the licence) and now I don't have time to investigate the possibilities of the other Simulate stand alone.

So, at the end, my questions:
which are the differences between using Simulate within Creo Parametric and:
A) stand alone in FEM mode
B) stand alone not in FEM mode

Thanks
Bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not 100% sure but I think as follows

A) Stand alone FEM-mode - use Creo's geometry modeling as geometry pre-processor, use FEM-mode (inside Creo environment), for pre-processing, to generate input data for solving in Ansys, Nastran etc.

B) Use Creo's geometry modeling capability for geometry pre.processing, Creo Simulate for FE-model setup and solving (i.e. Creo Simulates meshing, P-method etc.)

"Creo Simulate" is Creo Parametric minus drawings/sheetmetal/surface modeling etc. plus Creo Simulate FEA.

... I think... 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I'm not 100% sure but I think as follows

A) Stand alone FEM-mode - use Creo's geometry modeling as geometry pre-processor, use FEM-mode (inside Creo environment), for pre-processing, to generate input data for solving in Ansys, Nastran etc.

B) Use Creo's geometry modeling capability for geometry pre.processing, Creo Simulate for FE-model setup and solving (i.e. Creo Simulates meshing, P-method etc.)

"Creo Simulate" is Creo Parametric minus drawings/sheetmetal/surface modeling etc. plus Creo Simulate FEA.

... I think... 

Top Tags