cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Shear and Moment diagram in Mathcad Prime 3.0

rpayne
1-Newbie

Shear and Moment diagram in Mathcad Prime 3.0

I need help to plot the shear and moment diagram of the one of the videos I have tried to use examples but it is big no go for me. Just so you know I am not coming at this completely blind. I have tried these examples :

Load Shear Moment Diagram with Mathcad.avi - YouTube

shear and force diagram in mathcad pt 1 .mov - YouTube

I think they are using some different Mathcad that I can't use in own version of Mathcad. If I could figure out how to set up the function to graph and then the plot. I think if I try simpler ones then maybe I can move on to more complex ones that I am currently working on.

thank you in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I got somewhere but it says remove the complex part. See images. problem3 part 1.JPGproblem 3 part 2.JPGproblem 3 part 3.JPG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone
(To:rpayne)

Hello Robert,

At first sight it uses MathCad 15.

Kind regards.

Denis

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

I can't look at your videos, but shear and moment are not difficult.

Attached is Prime 3.0

That worked perfectly. Thank you. However, I am not sure of the one side open squares you have below R 0 and R 1.   This isn't my homework problem. I have much more difficult homework problem.

I got somewhere but it says remove the complex part. See images. problem3 part 1.JPGproblem 3 part 2.JPGproblem 3 part 3.JPG

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You may consider attaching your worksheet as its much harder (and uncomfortable) to debug a picture.

As you are using Prime 3.0 and not Prime 3.1 (which many of us can't open) there should not be any problem doing so.

You can attach file when you chose Advanced Editor at the upper right.

BTW, it looks like you have a unit mismatch in the definition of your function Shr(x). The first summand has unit Newton, but the intregral and the last summand have unit Nm. This can't work.

WE

I am sorry I am just now getting back but I have been really busy. This is Prime 3.1 the student version. I can change if needed me too. Thank you in advance.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Try this

Calculating the shear, moment and a number of other items is not that hard.

I have attached a similar example done using a finite element model that I sometimes use (Mathcad14).

Regards,

Jack

Top Tags