cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Failed model regeneration in assembly

thill-2
1-Newbie

Failed model regeneration in assembly

I have designed several parts to be put into an assembly. My assembly came together perfectly, then for some reason when I went to re-open the file at a later time, all but 1 of my parts would not regenerate. When I look in the feature information, this is what I am presented with.

COMPONENT #5 (BOTTOM1) failed regeneration. 
Feature geometry is not up-to-date. 
Reasons for failure: 
Component model is missing. 

I am sure that the model is in the correct location.

One thing I did shortly before this all happened was add a parameter "ID-string-(x)" to each individual part.

I can't even open the part file. I just get the message "(part name) could not be retrieved"

Does any one have any ideas about how to resolve this problem?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the response, but I have resolved the problem. For some reason my local storage (U:) drive had become disconnected. All I had to do was restart my computer and the problem solved itself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

part mentioned in message "(part name) could not be retrieved":

• can be corrupted -OR-
  • has been saved in newer software version

You can check software version if you open part file in Wordpad - see picture.

version.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you for the response, but I have resolved the problem. For some reason my local storage (U:) drive had become disconnected. All I had to do was restart my computer and the problem solved itself.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:thill-2)

Trevor,

You may mark your reply to post as correct answer.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:thill-2)

Don't bother! I'll mark it as Correct Answer, to signal to users that this issue has been resolved (i.e no need to help, source of information)

Top Tags