cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Using Excel Database in MathCAD

jgraham
1-Newbie

Using Excel Database in MathCAD

I've been reading through the forums but I have not found a solution to what I'm looking for. Basically, I need MathCAD 14 to read an Excel database are spit out specific values to be used in calculations.

The excel file is a list of alum. extrusions and their section properties. Below is what I want to do.

Die: 123 <--- This would be the input, the die that I want the properties for to use in the calculation.

I=x.xxx

S=x.xxx        These are the specific properties that would be auto populated based on the excel file.

J=x.xxx

and so on.

I can then use those values in different equations throughout the MathCAD sheet.

The excel file would be arranged with the Die number in column A and the output values in columns B to G (or however many property values that I would need)

Hopefully I described it well enough that someone can point me in the right direction.

3 REPLIES 3

You could use READEXCEL to read in the whole Excel table in a Mathcad matrix and the use the built-in "vlookup" function to get the property values as wanted-

Looks pretty straightforward.

WE

The attached file should help.

Put the Excel sheet in the same directory as the Mathcad worksheet.

WE

The files you sent make sense when I look at but it is not working. Not sure if it is able to find the excel file properly. They are both in the same directory. Eventually, I will need this to be accessed by multiple people so the excel file and mathcad worksheet will not be in the same folder.

EDIT:

I'm not sure if Mathcad 14 has ReadExcel function but I used the READFILE function. I also had to save the excel file as 97-2003 xls file as opposed to the xlsx file. It works now, thank you.

Top Tags