cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Using si command addlabel related to Sandbox-Window doesn't work

sklemm
5-Regular Member

Using si command addlabel related to Sandbox-Window doesn't work

Hi

I’m trying to add a label via si command to a selected member in the Sandbox-Window but unfortunately it doesn’t work. I’m using the following command paramters:

si addlabel --hostname=integrity --port=<port> --user=<user id> --sandbox=<sandbox path> -L <label> <member>

I’m always getting the following message:

MKS125335: Out of tree members and subprojects (not located in the project directory or a subdirectory of the project directory) are not supported.

Any idea where the problem is ?

It’s working if I’m trying to add the label via si command below to a selected member in the Project-Window:

si addlabel --hostname=integrity --port=<port> --user=<user id> --project=<Project path> -L <label> <member>

The only difference between the two commands are the parameters “--project” and “--sandbox”.

Best Regards

Stephan

2 REPLIES 2
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:sklemm)

Are you providing the full path for the <member> argument?

I'm not sure if the "full path" of the member would be the one inside the sandbox or inside the project, but since you have the --project option work, I'd try the full path of the member inside the sandbox.

awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:sklemm)

When running a command against a sandbox, the member location is relative to the current directory unless you give an absolute path.  Assuming you are not in the sandbox directory, you need to run the following to add a label:

si addlabel --hostname=integrity --port=<port> --user=<user id> --sandbox=<sandbox path> -L <label> <sandbox directory>/<member>

You can use the --cwd option to avoid having to enter the sandbox directory twice:

si addlabel --hostname=integrity --port=<port> --user=<user id> --cwd=<sandbox directory> -L <label> <member>

Using --cwd, the command is run as if you were in the directory given.

Top Tags