cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Solid tool holders with tools?

blong
4-Participant

Solid tool holders with tools?

Does anyone have some example files they would be willing to share? I need some to help me get something going.

B

4 REPLIES 4
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:blong)

Are you more interested in realistic modelling those or rather in how to generally use tool assemblies (holder, tool, maybe cutting plates)?

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Brent,

Here is one of my tools. It is a .500 diameter square end mill and a cat 40 colletchuck for you to look at. The end mill is stripped out of the PTC tool library and modified to my specs. All the parameters for the tool assembly are in the endmill. not in the assembly.

blong
4-Participant
(To:SteveLucas)

Steve

Thanks that hit the spot.

Brent

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Brent,

No problem. most tool holder Manufacturers now have solid models of their holders. We use Haimer tool holders so that is where that one came from originally as a step assembly with the collet nut as a separate piece. I didn't want assemblies in assemblies so I just took the collet holder body and modeled the nut on it so it is one part. there probably was an easier way to do it but that was relatively quick modeling of the nut. Really all you need is just the tool holder basic shape where it holds the mill anyway. the actual models are just for dog and pony shows.

Steve

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags