cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Solid tools parameters and report in drawing

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Solid tools parameters and report in drawing

Hi all.

I mostly use solid tools for programming. I have some parameters defined in my tools such as the tool supplier and the tool reference. I would like to display those parameters in the drawings I give to the workshop.

I already have models that work well with default tool's parameters (such as cutter_diam, num_of_teeth, etc...) but it looks like when I try to had my custom parameters it doesn't work !

Here's the syntax of what I added in the cell where I want to add the suppliers ref.

Of course I have the parameter defined in the tool

Do you have any solution ? Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:RaphMORIN)

No one has an idea on this ?

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Raphael,

Sorry extremely busy right now to answer you. There must be a way to do what you are trying.There used to be a tutorial on reports and report parameters for that sort of thing but I don't have time to look right now. when I get a few minute I will look to see if I have it that might help you.

Steve

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:SteveLucas)

Thanks Steve for your consideration.

I started looking for UDP (User Defined Parameters) like in this post (UDP files for custom tool parameters - Solid Tool) but I can't get it to work.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

A little progress even if I don't know yet if it's in the right direction. I managed to get the UDP tab in the tool window.

It's empty so I suppose there must be a mistake in the XML file somewhere !

I'm not sure this is the right thing to do as the value of my parameter named 'Fournisseur' is defined in the tool file, I don't need to change it while programing.

Top Tags