cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Modelcheck config files - heirarchy

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Modelcheck config files - heirarchy

Currently setting up ModelCheck config files (at new company).  Looking at all i detail for the first time in a few years.  Much is documented well by PTC but some are still not.

In the Start files (/start folder), many checks are "invoked" by options (EWYN) in the Check file.  Examples:

Check File option: UNITS_LENGTH  Y

Start File can have for example

PRT_UNITS_LENGTH INCH

PRT_UNITS_LENGTH MM

Check File option: UNITS_LENGTH Y

PRT_UNITS_LENGTH INCH

PRT_UNITS_LENGTH MM

Check File option: DRW_FORMAT E

DRW_FORMAT MYFORMAT_IN_B.FRM

DRW_FORMAT MYFORMAT__MM_D.FRM

etc.

In the past I've laboriously worked with almost empty Check and Start files to see exactly what Start file elements are responsible for invoking the various elements of the Start file - and added comments in the Start file like this for each section:

UNITS (CALLED BY UNITS_LENGTH & UNITS_MASS, FOR PRT and ASM)

STANDARD DRAWING FORMAT NAMES (CALLED BY FORMAT_NAME)

etc.

So - Sorry the long posting, but my question is: Has anyone done any additional "mapping" of what options in Start files are related to options in Check files?  Would love to swap files on this.  I've also worked quite a lot on diagramming and documenting how the various ModelCheck files and settings relate to each other (to supplement / clarify) PTC's documentation on this.  Happy to share these as well.

thanks in advance.

Also... I'm also setting up Design Checker in SolidWorks - far, far more sophisticated UI. Wish PTC would put some more effort into ModelCheck.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags