cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Where I can find relations in Windchill which reads parameters/Attributes from Cad models?

amadan
1-Newbie

Where I can find relations in Windchill which reads parameters/Attributes from Cad models?

4 REPLIES 4

Look into Type and Attribute Management. I don't remember exactly how it's done (other than the CAD parameter has to be 'Designated') but that should be the place you start.

doehr
1-Newbie
(To:amadan)

Could you be a little more specific on what you're looking for?

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

There are two types of attribute mapping: implicit and explicit. Implicit is where the Windchill attribute has the same exact name (in all CAPS in the case of Creo) as the parameter in CAD. If using Creo, the parameter needs to be designated. Explicit mapping is where the parameter names and attribute names are different. The mapping is set up n the Attribute details page as defined on the type in the Type definition manager:

1. Open Type and Attribute Management

2. Select the CAD Document type and edit it

3. Click the Info icon of the attribute in the Attributes list

4. In the upper right-hand pane you will see the attribute details and there will be several fields relating to the different CAD applications (Creo, Solidworks, NX, etc.)  This is where you input the name of the CAD parameter that you want to map to that particular Windchill attribute.

broth
1-Newbie

Hi Ashok,

This is different prior to Windchill 10, so my answer is for 10.x and up.  Please let me know if you are using an earlier version.

Lets imagine you are mapping description in Windchill to DESCRIPTION_1 parameter in Creo.  In Windchill 10.x it is simple enough whether you are implicitly or explicitly mapping, simply update the "Creo" attribute mapping with the case sensitive name of the parameter as seen in the picture.

Make sure that you "Designate" that parameter in Creo, and it will synchronize to Windchill upon checkin.

If we take this 1 step further, and you would like to synchronize to your wt.part.  The WT.Part must be associated to the Cad object, and the Attribute "description" must have the same name on the WT.Part and on the Windchill EPM Document.  Then it will synch upon the next WT.Part check in.

Top Tags