cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Updating GD&T that are attached to dim's

dbolden
4-Participant

Updating GD&T that are attached to dim's

Why is it sometimes I can change a GD&T call out in a drawing using the GD&T filter and other times that filter is not there?  I add all my GD&T in the model.  Even when the GD&T that I am trying to change is at the assembly level of the drawing, there is no way to change the call out.  I am able to change the value but not the MMC or other features.

I have yet to find a way to change the GD&T in the model where it was created.  Once it is attached to the dimension the only thing that is editable is the dimension and not the GD&T.

EX.  I want to add MMC next to my secondary reference.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Donald,

If possible, please upload a drawing and model, where the issue you are reporting, can be demonstrated.  It will be easier to understand what the issue is and help troubleshoot it.

Thanks,

Amit

dbolden
4-Participant
(To:AmitDeshpande)

Amit:

Try to modify the .908 GD&T box.  There is no filter in the bottom right which lets me select the GD&T frame.  Is there a place to upload files?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dbolden)

rstraube
5-Regular Member
(To:dbolden)

Try to hover your curser over the Geo Tolerance that's attached to the dimension, then right click and select pick from list, then select the Geo tolerance.  Right click again and select properties and you should get the GD&T editor.

yguo
1-Newbie
(To:rstraube)

This is the answer. Thanks.

Hi Yibin,

Can you please mark it as the Correct Answer, so others with the same question can find the answer easily?

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags