cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

hidden surfaces and features

mgunter
1-Newbie

hidden surfaces and features

I am working with a lot of surfaces.  When I save the file it reverts the screen display to the "save status"  configuration but the tree stays at the pre-save configuration.   You can see in the picture below that the surface is highlighted on the screen but hidden in the tree.   This makes it very difficult to work with since the tree and graphics don't match. How do I get the display and tree to stay the same as it was before the save?

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

Saving your display status in the layer tree is suppose to save whatever your current state is.

There are occasion when it simply ignores you.  You cannot hide the primary solid part (1st feature).

Datum planes that are assigned a datum tag also have trouble being hidden.

As for your specific problem, you might have to attach the file and see if there is something contradicting your display state.

You can also submit this as a support case and PTC will see what they can find.

In the status line on the bottom, when you save, it warns you that the display state is not saved.  Unfortunately, you need to have about 4 lines of status displayed to see the reminder.

Hi,

sometimes hiding surface feature will not help. You have to create a layer, put quilt representing a surface into it and hide the layer.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags