cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mathscad Trendline Equation?

jgan
1-Newbie

Mathscad Trendline Equation?

Hi

Is it possible to get an equation for a graph  similar to the function of excel "Trendline" in Mathscad? I would like to get the equation for differentiation purpose. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jgan)

Lookup the the various regression possibilities in the help under "Functions/Curve fitting".

More information cal also be found in the "Data Analysis E-Book".

WE

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Can you post the file with the data separately?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

@Vladimir: In the attached sheet I replaced the embedded Excel component by a regular Mathcad data table, in case you are short of Excel and therefore can't read the data.

If on the other hand the reason for asking for the data was, that you want to play around in Excel and are unable to simply copy and paste the data, because of the decimal point vs decimal comma conflict, you might consider using WRITEEXCEL (augment(DataX,DataY), ".\filename.xlsx") to create an Excel sheet with the data in the correct format.

@Joseph: What do you need the regression fit /the equation for? Maybe an interpolation would do the job as well.

Without knowing what kind of equation to expect its hard to find a decent fit.

Here and attached is a first try with a gaussian:

Regards

Werner

BTW, which option would you chose in Excel ?

Werner Exinger wrote:

@Vladimir: In the attached sheet I replaced the embedded Excel component by a regular Mathcad data table, in case you are short of Excel and therefore can't read the data...

Danke!

Top Tags