cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Rendering - Change Black to White Background

wbottis
12-Amethyst

Rendering - Change Black to White Background

Hello,

Could someone tell me how to change the rendered background color from black to white?  Not sure why black is default.  The rendered image is obscured with black as the background.  Previous discussions indicated changing from 'Draft' to 'High' quality, but the background remains black after trying this  Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Go to "file/options/system colors/graphics" and change the background color to white.

You could also add a room to the render.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:wbottis)

Hello William,

did either (or both) answers help you?

If yes, please mark the answer that helped you best as Correct Answer (for other forum users to see this question is solved).

Thanks,

Gunter

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:gkoch)

Gunter/Folks,

Both recommended solutions appear to change the background to white, but once 'Render Window' is clicked and the rendered image is generated, the background is not white.  Typically, it's black or has multiple background colors, obscuring the model itself.  I suspect with enough iteration one could figure this out, but I also suspect there is a simpler, more intuitive approach here.  Thanks.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:wbottis)

Hello William,

seems it works with the new PhotoLux render, but not with the old Photorender:

With Photolux, if I remove the room (uncheck ceiling, floor and walls), I get the background color as set, e.g. white.

With Photorender, the background is black since there is nothing to reflect the light.

Also with Photolux I can use one of the scenes for a White Room and if I make sure the white is not a "dirty white", but real 255/255/255 white it seems to work well, too.

With Photorender the result often looks darker since the HDRI environment light from the scenes is ignored. To properly light the scene with the lights available for photorender seems to be an art for itself.

Regards,

Gunter

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:gkoch)

I'm not really sure what photolux or photorender is.  I'm using whatever is embedded in CREO 3 and it's not readily apparent to me from the user interface.  I'm just trying to get the same quality image I get when I click 'render window' minus the black background so that I can use the image in a presentation for the customer.  I think my original comment was using CREO 2, so it doesn't look like this interface has undergone any repair or improvement.

Top Tags